Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Jimmy Bob

There was an old tumor who lived in my foot,
no matter what was done, he managed to stay put.
He lived there content in his small little house,
and soon enough, he invited in Eileen, his spouse.

His name was Jimmy Bob Irishman, from a hick town you see,
In his trailer apartment near Akron, or maybe another lovely city.
Soon they had a baby named Jonah who lived with the family,
all cozy and comfy and so happily.

Then one day they got zapped out with a probe,
dissolving the Irishman's and their car load.
And don't forget old Grandma Franny,
who landed with a big thud on her fanny.

With the Irishman's gone I got set on track,
until the day came that Jimmy Bob came back!

A couple of months ago, doctors discovered a benign tumor in my ankle that secreted pain chemicals into my blood stream. Baruch Hashem, it's nothing deathly, but extremely painful. I had the tumor surgically removed and lived pain-free for about five weeks. Recently, the pain has come back, and this time the doctors are not really sure what's wrong. One day, when I was down in the dumps, my friends wrote this poem for me. They're so wacky, but it sure gave me a good laugh! They say it's kind of like the poem "there was an old woman who lived in a shoe." Enjoy!

10 comments:

halfshared said...

Omg, Refuah Shleima!!! Hope they figure out what will help you live pain free ad meah veesrim very soon! That must be so hard for you! Hugs to you and your family! That poem was really cute.

psyched said...

*big kiss*

May Jimmy Bob and his whole clan of kronies LEAVE YOUR ANKLE ASAP!!!!

Flutist said...

Thank you so much! I am getting there though - slowly getting better every day. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! :)

Bas~Melech said...

Nice poem. Nice friends.

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

:-) Cute poem :-) Refuah shleimah to you...hope Jimmy Bob leaves you alone for good!

the dreamer said...

refuah sheleimah!

halfshared said...

How are you doing?

Flutist said...

Baruch Hashem, I am definately on the right track. I recently had surgury again and everything is going well. I am still suffering from surgical pain, but nothing like it was before. Thanks for asking!

halfshared said...

Oh my gosh. Refuah Shleima! Hope you heal nicely and easily. Take it easy and may you be zoche to use both feet to go to many (only)simchos until 120.

Flutist said...

Amen! Thank you!